Goldman Sachs is hiring for a Analyst in the CIMD, PWM, Investment Strategies Group! Apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1368084665/
Are you a quick-thinking and analytical problem-solver with a passion for the financial markets, the desire to work closely with clients, and the ability to think outside the box? We are seeking an Analyst or Associate who can contribute to the design and customization of investment strategies and analytics.
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Private Wealth Management
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
The Investment Strategy Group (ISG) within Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management has responsibility for strategic and tactical asset allocation views and advice for the firm’s high net worth clients and certain institutions. The role of an ISG member requires a broad set of qualities, including a passion for investing, client servicing , as well as strong analytical and communication skills.
The Strategic Asset Allocation group in ISG is seeking an Analyst or Associate to work closely with PWM teams to construct customized asset allocation solutions to PWM’s High Net Worth clientele as well as small to mid-size institutions. This is a dynamic role and requires patience , creativity, ability to multi-task, attention to details, as well as inter-personal and problem solving skills.
Responsibilities And Qualifications
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Demonstrate strong analytical and technical skills
- Deliver timely, thoughtful, and flawless executions
- Interact with the firm’s current and prospective clients
- Provide a keen interest in understanding the financial markets
- Desire a long term career in Investment Management
- Initiate and assist on investment research efforts
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with clients actively involved in the Investment Strategies Group predominantly across the Americas.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or equivalent) in quantitatively-related fields
- Experience in one or more programming languages; solid Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion to engage with clients
- Attention to details, patience, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Collaborative and team work oriented
- Independent, logical, and critical thinking, with the willingness to constantly think outside of the box
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses (must obtain within the first 3 months)
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.