Summer 2019 Employment Opportunities:
Economics Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is seeking instructors and teaching assistants for our summer programs. CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Positions are available at residential and day sites at colleges, universities, and schools on the East and West coasts, as well as internationally in Hong Kong.
(For a full list of sites, visit cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.)
We are currently seeking individuals with expertise in a number of economics-related subjects, including:
- Game Theory
- Mathematics of Money
A full list of economics courses can be found at cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/courses.
Why teach for CTY?
- share your passion for economics with highly motivated and talented students
- be a part of an intellectual community
- develop your teaching skills in a supportive, collegial environment
- work alongside dedicated educators from around the world
- limited class size (15 students), plus an instructor and assistant for each class, ensures a low student-teacher ratio
- competitive salary plus room and board at our residential sites
2019 Program Core Dates
- Session 1: June 20 – July 13
- Session 2: July 13 – August 3
*Some sites run one week later than these dates. For a full list of locations and dates, please visit cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.
Terms of Employment
- Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 – $6,000 for instructors and $2,540 for TAs
- Room and board are provided at residential sites. Travel assistance is provided to Hong Kong.
- Teaching assistant candidates are generally graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA
- Instructor candidates generally have independent classroom teaching experience, graduate coursework, and at least a bachelor’s degree.
For more information on our Instructor and Teaching Assistant positions: cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/positions
To fill out an online application: use requisition 12483 at the JHU Jobs website.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.