The Economics Department is accepting applications for a tutoring program for transfer students in ECON 10A. Tutors assist students in understanding course concepts, discovering solutions to problems, developing methods for independent work, and preparing for upcoming exams. Tutors are offered very competitive compensation.
We are currently looking for tutors to start in Summer Session B or Fall 2018 and continue throughout the 2018 – 2019 school year.
- Economics or Economics & Accounting Major
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Must commit to 8 hours of work a week, including attending ECON 10A lectures
- Must have an interest in teaching and helping others succeed
- Must demonstrate an ability to explain course material in a comprehensible manner
- Preferably came to UCSB as a transfer, but not necessary
- Application Form on top
- Unofficial Transcript