Do You Have A Gaucho Graduate In Your Family? You may be eligible to apply for The UCSB Alumni Legacy Scholarship (complete application).
The UCSB Alumni Legacy Scholarship was created by the UCSB Alumni Association Board of Directors and is funded by members of the UCSB Alumni Association through membership fees.
The Scholarship is awarded to current UCSB students who are related to a UCSB graduate. Undergraduate students who receive this $1000 scholarship must demonstrate a commitment to the excellence of UCSB and the community through academic achievements, leadership and involvement in campus clubs and organizations. The UCSB Alumni Legacy Scholarship is a non-renewable scholarship, but recipients can reapply in future academic years, as long as they meet eligibility.
To be considered for the UCSB Alumni Scholarship, students must:
1. be a currently enrolled full-time (12 unit minimum) UC Santa Barbara student;
2. have completed 12 academic quarter units from UCSB but no more than 135
academic units by November 25, 2013.
3. have favorable academic merit of above 2.4.
4. be related to a UCSB alumnus/a who has completed 12.0 or more units.
5. demonstrate service to UCSB through campus involvement in clubs and/or other
campus volunteerism/extracurricular activity.
The UCSB Alumni Legacy Scholarship Application must be completed, including a 250 word
personal statement and 2 reference letters, by November 25, 2013.