The UC Santa Barbara Alumni Association is looking for Economics & Accounting students to work in the Finance Department. This is a paid position and candidates must be able to work throughout the summer of 2013 through June 2014. Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to the Financial Officer, Hazra Kamal at email@example.com.
Interns will work directly with the Financial Accountant and the Financial Officer.
– Process and record daily cash receipts and disbursements
– Preparation of bank reconciliations
– Monthly campus general ledger reconciliation to QuickBooks
– Reconciliation of investment reports and preparation of journal entries
– Analyze budget to actual reports using QuickBooks
– Prepare and review lead schedules for audit
– Prepare supporting spreadsheets for fiscal year-end financial statements
– Participate in Finance & Audit committees, and Board of Directors meetings
During the summer, interns will participate in the annual non-profit audit or review and be the financial liaison to the Family Vacation Center/Summer Inn programs with a budget of $1.2 million.
– Junior standing, expected graduation date – June 2014
– Majoring in Economics and Accounting
– Committed to working through June 2014, including summer of 2013
– Working knowledge of journal entries, Microsoft Office, and accounting software
Former interns have gone on to work with an accounting firm of their choice because of the experience, skills and knowledge that were gained from this internship. If you have any questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact one of our current interns: Chris Joe, firstname.lastname@example.org and Eduardo Lechuga, email@example.com – they may also be reached at (805) 893-3027.