Hedge Fund Reporting Analyst
Cliffwater, LLC is looking to hire a Hedge Fund Reporting Analyst to join our growing team of investment professionals who focus on alternative investment consulting and research services. The Hedge Fund Reporting Analyst position is primarily responsible for the valuation of client hedge fund portfolios, and the preparation, analysis and distribution of client performance and risk reports. Duties include:
- Monthly valuation of client hedge fund portfolios using valuation inputs from fund managers and custodian bank records. Reconciliation of cash flows between fund managers and custodian banks.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly client reports, including performance, risk, liquidity, and investment exposure reports.
- Review and analysis of client portfolios, including performance attribution and exposure variance.
- Ad-hoc calculations of performance and risk metrics using Excel models and templates.
- Entry and maintenance of client and hedge fund data in Backstop.
- Coordinate with new clients, the hedge fund research team, and hedge fund managers to set up new client reporting.
- Provide operational support to the hedge fund research team.
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or related field with 0-2 years of accounting and/or financial reporting experience. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft programs. Candidates must be detailed oriented, be able to meet tight deadlines and have excellent communication skills.