UCSB’s Department of Social Sciences is now hiring a financial analyst!
Under the general supervision of SOSC’s Senior Financial Analyst, the Financial Analyst administers all financial activities for centers under the management of the Division; including BLUM, AGI, BROOM, Repository, PROPEL, Jeffrey’s Jazz Coffeehouse, 2035, Winthrop fellowship and Feminist Futures. Processes monthly review and reconciling of fiscal tracking, providing timely reporting, identifying and initiating corrective actions, and ensuring compliance with University, Federal, and State accounting policies and procedures on all transactions. In collaboration with management, establishes best practices for procurement, payroll, record retention, and accounts payable functions. Funds administered include a variety of state operating funds, gifts, endowments, fellowships, and grants. Processes gifts and monitors endowment accounts. Advises faculty on policies and procedures that govern the full range of accounting processes, gift and award administration, and student payroll. Responsible for assisting center personnel with logistical arrangements and all financial aspects of conferences, colloquiums, seminars, and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent experience and/or training
- 1-3 years of comprehensive knowledge of financial analysis and accounting experience
- 1-3 years of accounts payable and general ledger experience
- 1-3 years experience working in a college or university setting
- Knowledge of UCSB systems (Gateway, Flexcard, UC path, Espresso Applications, Concur)
Pay rate: 26.39/hr.
For more information visit: https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucsb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=31&JobOpeningId=39415&PostingSeq=2