Career Fair Description
2021 Fall Career & Internship Fair – Business & Beyond
Virtual Event on Handshake
October 19, 2021
Student Registration Begins: Monday, September 27, 2021 at 8AM PDT.
The Business & Beyond career and internship fair is geared toward students seeking roles in: Sales, Finance, Accounting, Customer Support, Human Resources, Marketing, Recruiting, Management, and Supply Chain Operations. This event will take place virtually on Handshake and provides you with the opportunity to connect with recruiters through 1:1 audio, video, and text-based chat. Employers seek to recruit for full-time, part-time and/or internship positions in various industries.
Participation Requirements for Students
Open to all currently enrolled UCSB students and UCSB alumni using Handshake.
- Supported Device: Desktop Web, iOS App for Handshake, Android App for Handshake
- Internet Connection (Broadband wired or wireless, 3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and Microphone (Built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth)
- Webcam (Optional, recommended for video)
This virtual career fair offers you the opportunity to meet with employer representatives for 10 minute 1-on-1 meetings and 30 minute group information sessions. In order to participate, you need to be sure that you register and book sessions in advance, have the required equipment listed above, and research/prepare to chat with employers.
Here’s an overview of your participation:
- Update your Handshake profile so that all information is current.
We recommend you change your privacy settings to “Community,” update your GPA/Work Authorization, and consider uploading your public resume. This will optimize your meeting opportunities when you begin to book sessions!
- Register for the event on this page and start booking sessions on September 27th at 8 AM PDT.
You can book sessions up to one minute before they start on the day of the fair, but we recommend doing this ASAP so that you don’t miss out on your desired sessions!
- Use Career Services & Handshake resources to prepare and become familiar with Handshake virtual fairs.
- Handshake’s Guide to Attending Virtual Fairs
- Your 10 Biggest Virtual Career Fair Questions, Answered (Handshake Article)
- Preview the Handshake Virtual Fair Experience for Students here! Check out how to schedule 1:1 appointments, how to join a group session, and FAQ’s.
- Get feedback on your resume, CV, or cover letter with Document Review. Visit this page for instructions.
- Need a quick career chat? Whether you have a specific question or you are not yet sure what to ask, tune into virtual drop-in hours for individual assistance on demand. If you need more in-depth advising, book a 30 minute appointment with a Career Counselor in advance. Visit this page for information regarding both of these services.
- Review Handshake’s Tech Requirements and Troubleshooting Tips to ensure your device is ready to go and mitigate technical issues on the day of.
- On the day of the event, log in to the Handshake event page to join your sessions!
You will be able to view your meeting schedule for the day and any sessions that are still available to book. Each meeting has a unique “Join Meeting” button that is available on your schedule.
- After the event, make sure you follow up with any leads.
- Pre-Event Support: In addition to Handshake Help resources, we invite you to contact us directly for assistance prior to the event (CareerEvents@sa.ucsb.edu).
- Day-Of Event Support via Zoom (10AM-4PM): Meeting ID will be emailed out prior to the event.
Join us at 10:30am PT for a Handshake Fair overview, or during the general hours for technical assistance from Career Services staff. This room is for technical support only. All meetings with employers will take place on Handshake.
If you need to cancel one or more sessions, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. If an emergency arises on the day of the fair affecting your ability to attend, visit us in the Zoom Support Room or email us at CareerHelp@sa.ucsb.edu so that we can connect you with the employer after the event.
Employers Hiring for Remote versus In-Person Opportunities
Please be sure to check in with employers and their job postings for specific details about these opportunities.
Both In-Person and Remote
- AppFolio Inc.
- California Department of Tax & Fee Administration
- Grocery Outlet, Inc.
- Inogen, Inc.
- Insight Global
- J.B. Hunt Transport
- Ma Labs, Inc.
- NKSFB, LLC
- Northwestern Mutual
- Oracle – Sales & Business Development
- Publicis Media
- Specialist Staffing Group (SThree)
- United States Secret Service
- Yardi Systems
- Alpine Solutions Group
- California State Auditor
- Charles River Associates
- Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Inc.
- Corning Incorporated
- Enterprise Holdings
- Equitable Advisors
- First Republic Bank
- Hajoca Corporations
- Matthews Real Estate Investment
- Once Capital Management, LLC
- Peace Corps
- PlanMember Financial Corporation
- Sherwin-Williams Company
- Target Stores
- Techtronic Industries, NA (TTI)
- United States Marine Corps Officer Programs – Santa Barbara
- Whova, Inc.