As a Sales Intern for Cisco Meraki’s Account Development (ADR) Team, you will learn how to prospect for, organize, develop and qualify leads to the point of handoff to the sales force. You will gain a deep understanding of Cisco Meraki’s products and services, as well as industry and customer needs in order to identify appropriate prospects and swiftly establish effective contacts. This is a high-energy position requiring an individual who is extraordinarily motivated, hardworking and results-oriented. Attention to detail is critical. As a sales intern, you’ll often be the first interaction a customer has with Meraki and this connection should be done in a way that builds a positive customer/prospect experience that will set the stage for future product sales for Meraki. This role offers an environment to learn, practice, and establish a solid base that is invaluable for a career in sales. By the end of your internship, you will be able to demo Meraki’s core products in a customer demo, explain our value proposition, understand the various departments within Meraki, guide customers or prospects to the help they need, and import and manage prospect contact data that is critical for our Sales team to be successful outbound prospectors.
- Support our inbound customer phone line distinguishing a caller’s needs quickly, identifying sales opportunities and transferring the customer promptly to the correct support type
- Articulate Cisco’s value proposition across multiple industries to assess buying interest
- Clearly articulate Cisco Meraki products and solutions with prospective customers to successfully handle and overcome objections
- Meet and exceed daily and weekly activity goals consisting of inbound calls, transfers and contact generation in Salesforce
- Heavy use of Salesforce and Zoominfo to insert new leads and contact information, and help clean existing Salesforce data
- Enrolled in a 4-year university, graduating between December 2021 and August 2022
- Degree paths can include but are not limited to: Business, Finance, Communications and Engineering (hello sales engineers!)
- A risk-taker, not afraid to jump in and test out new techniques, explain new topics or ask the tough questions
- A strong communicator, both verbal and written, and comfortable working with a remote team
- Organized, detail-obsessed and able to manage time
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Apply on handshake: