Alumni & recent graduates should apply for this great local opportunity. Recent graduates will be considered.
Manchester Capital Management LLC (MCM) is, and has been since its inception, a family office dedicated to helping families sustain their wealth, values, and legacy from generation to generation. MCM began as a private family office that combined the resources of several related families who sought superior, cost-effective investment expertise. Over the ensuing years, Manchester added a number of non-family clients, leading to its registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1993 as a Registered Investment Advisor.
Today, MCM primarily serves wealthy families and related foundations, endowments, and trusts. MCM’s core competency is investment management, while also providing a full range of family office services which include, wealth-transfer strategies, philanthropic guidance, tax planning, educational programs, customized reporting, family governance, and family meetings. The firm’s clients are located across the country, with a handful overseas.
MCM is owned by the partners and clients of the firm, and has no outside shareholders or corporate parent. The firm serves exclusively as its clients’ advocate and integrator of financial affairs and strives to become their trusted advisor. MCM is independent and free from the conflicts of interest that arise when a corporate firm needs to serve the interests of its shareholders ahead of the interests of its clients.
The firm works with a fully transparent fee structure based upon the value of the assets under management. MCM does not receive commissions or brokers’ fees based on transactions and does not have any soft-dollar relationships with money managers that might influence MCM’s advice.
MCM has four offices: Manchester, Vermont; New York, New York; Montecito, California; and Charlottesville, Virginia.
Title: Operations Associate
Location: Montecito, CA
Reporting: Director of Operations
Salary: Depends on Experience
The Montecito Operations Associate will work closely with Wealth Managers, Operations Associates in other offices, Investment Associates, the Director of Operations, and custodians to ensure efficient operational procedures and exceptional support for MCM’s clients, Wealth Managers and clients’ other advisors (e.g., CPAs, attorneys).
Provide high level of support to Wealth Managers, ensuring clients receive superior service and timely/accurate information, which may include (but is not limited to) the following activities:
- Prepare client account paperwork
- Coordinate alternative investment subscription/redemption requests
- Process money movements (checks, journals, wires, account transfers, etc.)
- Process quarterly estimated tax payments, annual RMDs and gifting securities
- Prepare materials for client review meetings
- Prepare tax packets for CPAs
- Administer client files
- Support quarterly performance reporting process
- Support daily trade blotter process
- Monitor incoming communications for necessary actions (capital calls, custodian alerts, etc.)
- Deposit client funds and maintain checks and securities receipt log
- Provide back up support in absence of other operations associates
- Support various audits and projects as necessary
- Undergraduate college degree
- Previous RIA/client service experience
- Working knowledge of investment operations (5+ years of experience)
- Familiarity with portfolio accounting, performance reporting, trading, and CRM systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of cost basis/tax lot accounting
- Understanding of various investment vehicles (stock, bond, mutual fund, alternative investments, etc)
- A strong analytical mind, attention to detail, and a desire to learn and grow
- Positive attitude and willingness to accept change
- Strong written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills
Applicants may contact Amy MacLeod at email@example.com.