Rocket Propulsion Laboratory at UCSB is a student organization that aims to design, manufacture, and test quality rocketry projects developed for and by students. Our team of over 20 members represents the top engineering talent at UCSB: an average GPA of 3.8+, junior standing, and at least 1 year of project or industry experience. The team is currently designing and manufacturing a rocket for the FAR Mars 2021 Project.
We are looking for current sophomores or juniors to fill three open positions as finance members of the Rocket Propulsion Lab. Finance members would work directly with RPL team-leads to supervise long-term budgeting, order necessary parts in a timely manner, and spearhead fundraising for the team.
- Outline and actively manage an overall budget for the team’s ~$30,000 budget
- Correspond with suppliers to control the flow of necessary parts and equipment
- Reach out to companies and individuals to fundraise for current and future RPL projects
- Attend weekly meetings and keep all team leads up to date on the financial position
- Strong mathematical or financial background
- Comfortable budgeting with weekly, monthly, and yearly deadlines
- Experience with cold calling and emailing
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Organized and able to multitask
- Available for at least 8 hours during the week
- Effectively use excel and google sheets
Please contact Dean Swennumson at email@example.com with a resume if you are interested!