A message from James Powell and Kathy Schaum:
We hope that you and your communities are safe and healthy.
First and foremost, we wanted to thank you all for the extraordinary efforts that you’ve made to ensure the success of your students. We’ve been absolutely blown away by your responsiveness and flexibility in this unprecedented situation, and are grateful for all you’ve done. Your hard work and efforts have not gone unnoticed.
We recognize and take seriously our role in supporting efforts to tackle the global COVID-19 pandemic. KPMG has developed a host of COVID-19 resources, which you can access on the KPMG US Website. They include webcasts and podcasts that will provide you and your students with insights and guidance on the pandemic’s impact, effects and recovery.
As we navigate the evolving challenges of the current environment, we also wanted to reach out to assure you that we plan to honor all commitments made to your students in a way that prioritizes their health and safety, as well as the well-being of the communities where we live and operate.
Given the uncertainty about when we (and our clients) will resume in-office operations, KPMG has made the decision to transition our summer programs to virtual experiences. All of our summer programs will leverage technology to deliver many of the same elements that make our traditional Internship Program so successful, but in a virtual environment:
- Audit, Tax, Advisory (exc. MBA students) and Business Process Groups Intern Experience: The redesigned program will combine required virtual training with a curated course catalogue of optional learning and development opportunities, allowing interns to design and customize their own virtual internship experience from any location within the United States. Our flexible program will require 80 hours of participation over a four-week period, July 13, 2020, through August 7, 2020. This allows interns to schedule most of their participation and experiences at times and on days that are convenient for them. Those who decide to opt-out of this virtual internship program are welcome to participate in an unpaid 2-3 hour alternative virtual experience so they may learn more about the firm. All 2020 summer interns will receive an offer for a 2021 entry-level role.
- Embark Scholars: Scholars will participate in a condensed, four-week virtual internship experience, taking place July 13, 2020, through August 7, 2020. The program will require 40 hours per week participation, and combine required virtual learning and development modules with the opportunity to engage with KPMG professionals from our Audit, Tax and Advisory practices. After successful completion of the program, Embark Scholars will receive an Audit, Tax, or Advisory internship offer for 2021.
- Discover KPMG: All Discover KPMG summer leadership programs have been transitioned to a remote environment, and will take place as scheduled during the summer.
Finally, we wanted to confirm our commitment to honoring all summer and fall full time associate offers for 2020.
- Summer start dates have been communicated. Out of an abundance of caution, and given the number of locations that have implemented stay-at-home orders, we deferred a number of summer start dates to late summer/early fall.
- All fall start dates will be communicated shortly, as scheduled.
We know your students look to you for guidance and reassurance, and we appreciate your support as we navigate this “new normal.” If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at US-KPMG University Relations.
Please take care of yourselves, and know that we’re looking forward to seeing you back on campus in the fall.