Organization: U.S. Department of Energy
Reference Code: DOE-Scholars-2020
Application Deadline: 1/3/2020 4:00:00 PM Eastern Time Zone
- Do you want to learn from top scientists and subject matter experts in energy sources, clean energy, energy efficiency, renewable energy, artificial intelligence, climate change, vehicles, nuclear energy, cybersecurity, environmental sciences, and emergency response?
- Do you want to develop skills within and outside of your field of study and interest and earn a competitive edge by learning first hand DOE functions, operations and culture?
- Do you want to network with your peers, travel, and participate in educational events?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, the DOE Scholars Program is for you!
The DOE Scholars Program is designed to attract talented undergraduate and graduate students, and recent graduates in a variety of fields. These opportunities will help prepare and motivate you to pursue the full range of entry and mid-level research, technical and professional positions within the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and organizations that support the DOE mission.
As a participant in the DOE Scholars Program you will have the opportunity to explore a federal career with DOE and gain a competitive edge as you apply your education, talent and skills in a variety of settings within the DOE complex. Opportunities are available for a variety of disciplines at DOE facilities nationwide.
- Undergraduate student – minimum of $600 per week
- Graduate and post-graduate student – minimum of $650 per week
Travel reimbursement for inbound and outbound expenses up to $1,000 for participants who live more than fifty miles, one-way, from the assigned hosting site.
Appointments offered during the summer months are approximately 10-weeks in length. Extensions may be granted based on the needs of the sponsoring office and the candidate’s availability. Appointments during the academic year may also be available.