CalCPA Channel Counties Chapter Scholarship 2019
Deadline: October 21 2019 at 11:59 PM PDT (Midnight)
The Channel Counties Chapter of the California Society of CPAs is proud to announce its Scholarship Award Program. Scholarships will be awarded to students with interest in pursuing professional careers in the accounting field. Awards range from $250-$3,000. We look forward to receiving your completed application.
Due: Completed and Submitted by October 21st, 2019.
Questions? Contact Program Associate Haley Raymer at (805) 403-5519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student, or a post-graduate intending to take the CPA Exam;
• If graduate student: must have completed at least 6 semester units or 9 quarter units of upper division or graduate accounting;
• If community college student: must have completed 24 units and a Financial Accounting Course with intent to major in accounting at a 4-year school;
• Enrolled program must be within the CalCPA Channel Counties’ geographical boundaries;
• Completed general education requirements with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher, and 3.0 or higher in accounting courses;
• Applicants must be members of CalCPA. Student membership is free. Join at http://www.calcpa.org/join;
• Applicants may not have applied for a concurrent CalCPA scholarship from another chapter;
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States;
• Applicants are ineligible if they are already licensed as a CPA in any state OR have already completed their Master’s degree in accounting/tax
Additional Documents to Submit with Application:
• Two letters of recommendation: At least one from a college professor and one from a work-related individual, if applicable, regarding the applicant’s character (honesty, integrity, leadership capabilities, motivation and ability to accept responsibilities, etc.), intellectual ability and communication skills, and desire to become a CPA;
• A written essay of approximately 300 words answering the following questions:
1. What drew you to accounting?
2. What are your career goals and how do you plan to give back to the profession?
3. Given that the award is intended to foster future excellence in the profession, why should you be awarded this scholarship?
• A signed declaration attesting to eligibility;
• A copy of unofficial or official transcripts;
• A copy of resume