Please contact Dave Seibold, firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested.
What You Will Do
Carpe Data is seeking a financial analyst to analyze financial data and develop growth-based and profit-focused action plans, including trend forecasting and variance analysis. Proficiency in data visualization and modeling is a must. This position reports to the VP Finance and will work with stakeholders across the organization, gaining exposure to all the moving parts of a rapidly growing data company.
- Work directly with the VP of Finance with various planning exercises including forecast, budgets, profitability analysis, and reporting
- Assist in the monthly close process by analyzing trends and variances related to revenue, compare and correct data to reconcile financial transactions
- Improve financial health through analysis of data to develop actionable insights that drive business performance. This includes monitoring variances and identifying trends
- Develop forecast models based on comparative performance metrics, maintain the company’s forecast model and implement improvements as the business grows
- Prepare business cases to support decision-making for product pricing, capital expenditures and project priority
- Establish business metrics and manage real-time KPI reporting
- Develop and present reports to internal and external stakeholders that identify businesses insights, performance drivers, and root causes of variances
- Monitor Sales opportunities in CRM, analyze and report monthly changes to the pipeline
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Deep knowledge and understanding of financial statement preparation, including balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash-flows
- Advanced user of excel, PowerPoint and financial management tools.
- Energy and passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Outstanding communication, reporting, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional financial modeling and scenario analysis skills, expert in defining and guiding the design of data-intensive models
- Understanding of GAAP, SaaS and software company revenue recognition
- Experience with NetSuite, QuickBooks or other general ledger
- Familiarity with Insightly, Salesforce or other CRM