Research Fridays Spring Quarter Project!
Interested in economic research but not sure where to get started? Join Research Fridays!
The Santa Barbara Women Lawyers (SBWL) has asked for our help to create, distribute and analyze a survey about the salaries and employment of lawyers in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. This is your chance to learn first-hand how data is collected and analyzed!
This group will meet Fridays from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM throughout Spring Quarter. The spring session of Research Fridays will be led by Professor Kelly Bedard. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in Economics Research, and learn skills that will translate into any future career.
- Students must be an Economics or Economics & Accounting major, with at least 2 completed upper-division major courses
- Students must have a minimum UD major GPA of 3.0
- Students must have a 3.0 GPA in the preceding 3 quarters
- Students must attend 7 of the 9 Fridays in spring quarter from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM:
- April 12, April 19, April 26, May 3, May 10, May 17, May 24, May 31, June 7
- Students will receive one unit of ECON 199RA credit if the above is completed
To apply, you must submit the following BY MARCH 1 to the Career Connection office, North Hall 2119:
- The attached application (which includes the ECON 199RA application)
- Personal statement explaining your interest in doing economics research (500-word max).
- Unofficial transcript
YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF YOU ARE MISSING ANY OF THE MATERIALS LISTED ABOVE.