Interested in economic research but not sure where to get started? Join Research Fridays!
The SantaBarbara Women Lawyers (SBWL) has asked for our help to create, distribute and analyze a survey about the salaries and employment of lawyers in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. This is your chance to learn first-hand how data is collected and analyzed!
This group will meet Fridays from 2:00 PM -4:00 PM throughout Winter Quarter. The winter session of Research Fridays will be led by Professor Kelly Bedard. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in Economics Research, and learn skills that will translate into any future career.
- Students must be an Economics or Economics & Accounting major, with at least 2 completed upper-division major courses
- Students must have a minimum UD major GPA of 3.0
- Students must have a 3.0 GPA in the preceding 3 quarters
- Students must attend 7 of the 9 Fridays in winter quarter from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM:
- Jan18, Jan 25, Feb 1, Feb 8, Feb 15, Feb 22, Mar 1, Mar 8, Mar 15
- Students will receive one unit of ECON 199RA credit if the above is completed
- Complete this Research Fridays Application (you will need to be logged into your UCSB email), including uploading:
- ECON 199RA Proposal
- Unofficial Transcript
DUE BEFORE 5:00 PM ON FRI, DEC 7
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Career Connection in North Hall 2119.