Due Wednesday, November 21 by NOON
Career Connection will be hiring one additional Peer Advisor to begin in winter quarter. All applicants are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to Juniors and Sophomores, with hopes that they will continue through next academic year.
Career Connection is an initiative by the UCSB Department of Economics to assist students in their crucial transition from college to career.
Career Connection Peer Advisors assist with:
- Career Advising
- CPA Advising
- Resume Reviews
- Cover Letter Critiques
- Job Resource Identification
- Occasional Events
- Students must be in either the Economics or Economics & Accounting majors
- Students are not expected to work over the summer
- Workload of 10-15 hrs per week with flexible scheduling around finals
- Position is paid, with competitive compensation, starting at $11/hr
To apply to be a Career Connection Peer Advisor you need:
- Fill Out: THIS APPLICATION
- Unofficial Transcript
- Short answers to the following questions (250 words each):
- What career do you hope to seek after graduation and why?
- A student who wants to be an accountant someday did not get pass 10A, how would you advise them to move forward, career-wise?
- Why would you be a good fit for this position?