Uber Info Session – Friday, November 16
11:00 am – 12:00 pm, North Hall 2111
Uber (yes, UBER!), wants to hire some UCSB Economics students!
Uber is looking for graduating Seniors for their Economics & Research teams.
The Research and Economics team, led by the Chief Economist, is responsible for addressing the thorny policy and business challenges impacting Uber globally. As a data scientist on this team, you would be expected to bring analytical and empirical rigor to bear on important questions relating to economics, transportation policy, and urban planning.
What You’ll Need
- A bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Transportation Planning, or another quantitative field; PhDs welcomed
- 1+ years of quantitative research or data science experience
- Strong data skills and the ability to learn to use tools such as SQL, Python, R, and GIS mapping tools to work efficiently at scale
- The capacity to work independently and execute a research plan with minimal oversight
- The ability to organize and synthesize analyses and communicate data insights with clarity
- Enthusiasm for learning and growth