Interested in Research, Teamwork, and SpaceX??? The Hyperloop project is looking to add some Economists to their team this year in order to create a feasibility study. This will be an opportunity to obtain some great real world experience, as well as have something impressive to add to your resume and talk about in future interviews. More about the Hyperloop project:
For several years, SpaceX has been hosting an annual competition challenging Universities to assemble teams to build prototype “Hyperloop pods”. They have built a mile-long enclosed test track, as well as an open air track, at their facilities in Hawthorne, CA, and each year bring students to race their creations on those tracks.
Of the several hundred colleges that applied to compete in the 2017 Hyperloop Competition at SpaceX, UCSB was one of 25 selected to attend (from almost 200 entrants) and placed among the top 15 teams. This year, UCSB’s team is not only seeking to finish among the top 5 in SpaceX’s 2018 Hyperloop Competition, but also is seeking to develop a feasibility study on the technology created.
- seeking dedicated, talented, and ambitious economics students to facilitate market research and create a feasibility study
- open to Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
- useful coursework would be ECON 3B, 10A, 100B, and PSTAT 109, though not necessary to apply
- Preparation and project takes place over the 2017-2018 year, competition in August 2018
- Fill out the following form, and wait to hear back from the selection committee: UCSB Hyperloop Project