Associate Economist (Research Assistant)
To begin in Summer of 2018.
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Job Summary:
Conducts statistical and economic analyses of current macroeconomic, microeconomic, and regional data, and provides research support for the economists. The level of work required is considered entry-level and staff work under direct supervision. This job has no direct reports. This position is structured as part of a two-year program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the economists in their basic and applied research by following instructions to perform tasks including collecting data, conducting moderately complex statistical analysis, writing statistical software programs, and organizing the presentation of results
- Researches economic topics for economists’ articles; on some of these occasions, the efforts will be substantial enough to constitute collaboration with the economists (or department management), leading to jointly authored articles
- Prepares a variety of charts, tables, and descriptive text for Department management or other staff economists to use in their briefings of the President and the Board of Directors
- Follows instructions to research and organize background materials for presentations to the President; responds to other System-wide directives and requests
- Performs other duties as requested
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Mathematics, or related field with emphasis on quantitative and/or analytical skills
- To be considered, all applications must include a Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcripts, and Letter of Recommendation
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or hold green cards with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen
To apply, visit: https://www.chicagofed.org/ae