Staff Accountant position with Deckers Brands here in Goleta.
Job Description: Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this role prepares schedules, does research and compiles information to assist in the preparation of company financial statements.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, maintain support.
- Assists with the annual audit by providing supporting schedules as requested by the Company’s outside auditors.
- Reconciles and analyzes basic balance sheet accounts.
- Maintains adequate follow up as it relates to all general accounting principles.
- Performs basic bank reconciliations.
- Prepares or assists with the quarterly price-test work for various companies.
- Reporting and Analysis:
- Assists with preparing and analyzing departmental budgets.
- Assists with quarterly and annual SEC reporting.
- Prepares US government census surveys.
- Develop special reports and ad-hoc analyses.
- Maintains archived records and is responsible for collecting and filing reports.
- Formulate, affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices
- Regularly demonstrate a good level of discretion and independent judgment with respect to accounting functions.
- Plan and execute short-term and long term goals related to department objectives.
*Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 0-2 years of experience
- General knowledge of accounting and financial statements
- General knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from management, and other employees of the organization.
- Experience working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Drive for excellence, motivated self-starter
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with co-workers as well as outside agencies.