Santa Barbara County Employees Retirement System is looking for interns.
If interested please send Courtney Visueta your resume: Courtney.firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are:
Santa Barbara County Employees’ Retirement System (SBCERS) is an independent, multiple employer defined benefit plan (pension administration). SBCERS administers service retirement, disability retirement and death benefits on behalf of over 9,000 members and beneficiaries, serves 11 governmental employers within Santa Barbara County and invests more than $2.5 billion in assets.
Type of work:
- CAFR – (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report) assist with compilation of, and identifying and converting to new CAFR compilation program, under the direction of the Financial Accounting Manager.
- Accounts payable – process payments.
- Cash monitoring – track private equity capital calls and distributions, and balance cash account.
- Quarterly investment manager invoices – verify charges and set up cash transfers for management fees.
- Monthly Compliance Report – confirm investment managers are in compliance with investment policies.
- Monthly investment performance – review and confirm manager performance reports.
- Administrative – organize paper and electronic files.
- Statistical and data gathering for reporting on performance indicators; data mining.
- Review of case files for completeness and accuracy.
- Calculations of refunds and buybacks of contributions on members accounts.
- Research and documentation of member accounts.
- Assist with preparation of marketing material and information session for health insurance open enrollment (event planning).
- Documentation of operational processes.
- Customer service – front desk and incoming calls.
- General administrative functions.