Congratulations on your upcoming graduation.
If you are planning to take the CPA exam there are a few things you should do now, in order to expedite the process and be eligible to sit for an exam at the end of August.
- Request your official transcripts from every institution you attended.
- Directions on how to request them from UCSB can be found here: https://ucsbecon.com/transcript-requests-cpa/
- The most important part is to place a HOLD on your transcript until your degree has posted, and a RUSH as well.
- Create a profile with the board.
- All of that information can be found via the Uniform CPA Handbook: http://www.dca.ca.gov/cba/publications/exambook.pdf
- Some other tips to remember:
- You will receive emails from the board and other various testing agencies. Be sure to check your junk mail if you are not receiving emails in the timeframe that is expected.
- Most students are able to sign-up for one exam at the end of August.
If you would like to review your CPA eligibility, please stop by the Career Connection office. We have drop-in hours from 8 – noon daily. If you prefer an afternoon appointment, please email me your perm, and 3 dates and times that you are available.