You still have time to enroll in 3 Strategic Business Program (SBP) courses, starting this week.
Behavioral Finance – TONIGHT! 5 – 8pm in NH 1110
Todd Lowenstein, VP/Director Highmark Capital Management, is teaching an SBP course on Behavioral Finance that starts today at 5:00pm. This course uses ideas taken from economics and psychology to help find anomalies within commonly believed ideas, and why they occur.
Enrollment is via the extension website at: http://extension.ucsb.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=23689567
Business Communications and Etiquette – starts tomorrow, FRIDAY at 12:30pm in NH 1110.
This course covers a wide-range of topics related to business communication and etiquette. Topics include:
- Written communication
- Face to face communication
- Telephone etiquette
- Office social norms
- Appropriate attire
- Dining etiquette
Enrollment is done via: http://extension.ucsb.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=23556684&selectedCategoryId=12178&selectedProgramAreaId=12305&selectedProgramStreamId=23555705&
Corporate Taxation – SATURDAY, April 12th – 9 am – 6pm
Jim Brewer, tax partner at PwC will cover various topics including:
- Provide an overview of tax laws/concepts and compliance issues related to tax reporting for corporate taxpayers;
- Define and understand income-related topics such as gross receipts; interest and dividend income; and income from rents, royalties and ownership of partnership interests;
- Define and understand deduction-related issues such as cost of goods sold, compensation, bad debts, taxes, charitable contributions, amortization, and depreciation expense; and
- Special topics will include alternative minimum tax; calculation and reporting of gains and losses; net operating losses; tax credits; the tax calculation; and estimated tax payments, penalties, and extensions.
Enrollment is done via: http://extension.ucsb.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=24557840&selectedCategoryId=12178&selectedProgramAreaId=12305&selectedProgramStreamId=23555705&