The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) seeks non-paid student volunteers to encourage interest in public service careers and provide valuable work experience. As a non-paid volunteer, a student will gain first-hand experience with SBA’s work environment, learn about the federal government and perform a variety of tasks related to supporting SBA activities.
Please note that the specific duties and responsibilities associated with this position will vary based on the team or office assignments. The following list is intended to provide applicants with a general overview of the duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, or PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to organize a variety of assignments simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Extensive research skills.
•Enrollment at least half-time in an accredited academic institution
•In good academic standing
•Completion of a satisfactory background investigation
•Selective Service registration if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.