Are you an Economics or Econ/Math major looking for full time employment after graduation? Zynga is looking for a data analyst in their San Francisco office.
Zynga seeks a skilled, positive, and energetic Data Analyst to join the team! The successful candidate will have excellent SQL-writing ability, and enjoy combining analytic skills with business acumen to provide our game studios with the data and insights that will drive our continued success. The Data Analyst works with key decision-makers on a daily basis as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues. The candidate should enjoy both working with people and performing technical analyses.
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring to game studios using data drawn from diverse sources
- Perform detailed data exploration and validation to separate genuine phenomena from spurious anomalies
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help us continue to delight the people playing our games
- Several years experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an internet or technology company
- Excellent SQL skills: extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- High proficiency with Excel including pivoting capabilities and analysis modules – VBA macros and ODBC sourcing a plus
- Working knowledge of basic statistics; experience with R, SAS or similar a plus
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations
- Good client management skills with a strong grasp of both technical and business perspectives
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings
- B.S. or B.A. in math, economics, engineering or other technical field required; advanced degrees a plus