Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is looking for a third or fourth year student to join our Internal Audit group as a summer intern. The intern will assist in testing financial and IT general computer controls, preparing audit workpapers and making recommendations to Management as needed. This is a paid internship and would start Monday, June 17th – Wednesday, August 21st. This position is in San Francisco.
• Perform testing of SOX financial reporting control activities including business process level
controls, entity level and IT general computer controls
• Make appropriate conclusions and prepare quality and timely workpapers supporting the results
of audit-related testing and analysis
• Make recommendations on internal controls, process improvements, or findings as appropriate
• Assist with quarterly 302 certification
• Participation in other internal audit assignments, including operational, IT and regulatory testing,
may be needed
• Undergraduate junior or senior, enrolled in an accredited college or university program.
• Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a baccalaureate or masters degree in Accounting or related field.
• GPA of 3.2 or higher
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Superior organization skills and high attention to detail
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All interested candidates should contact Marlowe Matoba directly with a cover letter and resume.
Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Phone: (415) 616-8443